Our Mission-Improve your physical, mental and spiritual health
The SweatBox offers a supportive environment for Yogis of all practice levels. Above all else, we value health, wellness, and community. As such, our class offerings support physical, emotional and spiritual growth for all students. Our committed instructors teach with open-minds and open-hearts.
Real Hot. Real Local. Real Yoga.
The SweatBox, established in 2001, is one of the oldest Bikram Yoga studios in Seattle. We opened at a time when Yoga studios were few and far between. For the last 15-plus years, The SweatBox has offered the purest form of Bikram Yoga. We now offer 60-minute Power Hour, Vinyasa Flow, Hot Hybrid and Yin Yoga classes. The SweatBox is committed to offering quality Yoga in a personal, open-hearted environment. All of our classes are open to people of all levels and abilities. Our studio has dressing rooms, showers, mat and towel rentals and filtered water.
Experienced, Compassionate and Knowledgable
The SweatBox is committed to offering a thoughtful menu of classes taught by experienced, competent and compassionate staff.
The SweatBox owner Laura is inspired by great leaders and community activists. The SweatBox community strives to be a place where people come to feel lifted up. Many of our students have been practicing with us for almost fifteen years. The SweatBox teaching staff have a cumulative 100-plus years of teaching experience and all of our teachers are well versed in giving personal adjustments and appropriate modifications.
The “Original" Hot Yoga Expanded
Bikram Yoga is the formal grouping of a 26 posture/2 breathing exercise series and is taught in 105 – 110 degree heat. Unlike some Yoga practices where you work specific parts of your body in different classes, through the 26 postures, you will work your entire body “inside out, bones to skin.” Bikram Yoga is a great practice to include with other Yoga styles as well as higher impact sports like running, soccer, basketball and football.
The SweatBox Power Hour is a shorter version (60 minutes) of the Bikram 90 minute class with the integration of some postures in a flow. Our Vinyasa classes are practiced in a warm room (between 90-95 degrees) and are all taught by experienced Vinyasa teachers. Unlike the Bikram 90 and Power Hour classes, in Vinyasa, no class is always the same. The SweatBox is also proud to offer Yin Yoga on Wednesdays and Sundays (non-heated class) and Hot Hybrid-- a Bikram/Vinyasa blend-- several times a week!
Revitalize, re-energize and reorganize yourself.
The SweatBox New Student Special includes two weeks of Yoga at the SweatBox for $30.00.Learn More
Find a class that works for you and feel the benefits of building a regular Yoga practice.
Visit our online portal to view the latest schedule, instructors as well as any school or holiday closures for our Capitol Hill Studio.
Give the Gift
A wonderful gift for anyone and any occasion.
Visit our online store today. For Gift Certificates, Click on Gift Certificates in the top right corner.Gift Certificates
Video: Bikram Yoga
Video: Vinyasa Yoga
MEET OUR STAFF
- Owner/Director"Laura is so genuine and loving..."- A SweatBox Student Laura has...
- Manager, Senior Instructor"I think Frani is an amazing instructor. I feel really supported by...
- Instructor"I am so impressed that teachers know your name and give positive...
- InstructorInspired by the student teacher relationship between Luke and Yoda in the...
- InstructorAfter years as a performer and theater artist, Alyssa found that hot...
- InstructorJanet started practicing yoga in 2004 and immediately felt it was the...
- InstructorAimée comes to yoga by way of theater and travel, and she...
- InstructorKelly is a practicing medical speech language pathologist at Swedish Hospital. She has...
- Instructor (Sub)Mary completed a Kripalu Yoga 200-hr yoga teacher training in West Palm...
- InstructorReva found yoga through an assignment in massage school. For this self-care...
- InstructorSeth's yoga journey began in 2007 at the suggestion of a friend...
- InstructorBriah started practicing Bikram style yoga in 2007. She quickly started to...