Upcoming Schedule Changes
Fourth of July Schedule
Wednesday, July 4th, 2019
Block Party Weekend Schedule
Friday, July 19- 6am, 8am, 930am, 12pm
Saturday, July 20th- 8am, 10am & 11:30am
Sunday, July 21st- 8am, 10am & 11:30am
JOIN us SUNDAY for a FREE OUTDOOR CLASS at Cal Anderson Park!
Please allow for lots of extra time to navigate for your morning classes. Plan to access the studio by foot or bike and from Union instead of Pike.
The SweatBox Loft
Now open. We'll house all of our non-heated classes in this space-- Yin, Slow Flow, Nidra and assorted workshops.
Access through the silver door across from The SweatBox red door. Use CODE 9642.
Our Mission-Improve your physical, mental and spiritual health
The SweatBox offers a supportive environment for Yogis of all practice levels. Above all else, we value health, wellness, and community. As such, our class offerings support physical, emotional and spiritual growth for all students. Our committed instructors teach with open-minds and open-hearts.
Real Local. Real Yoga.
The SweatBox Yoga, established in 2001, is one of the oldest Traditional Hot Yoga studios in Seattle.For more info, check out this video. In 2018 we opened The SweatBox Yoga Loft, a space to host non-heated classes.
We opened at a time when Yoga studios were few and far between. For the last 17-plus years, The SweatBox has offered high-quality classes taught by loving, talented teachers. We now offer 90-Minute Traditional Hot Yoga, 60-minute Traditional Hot Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Hot Hybrid, Yin Yoga and Yoga Nidra classes as well as workshops and special classes. The SweatBox is committed to offering quality yoga in a personal, open-hearted environment. All of our classes are open to people of all levels and abilities. Our main studio has dressing rooms, showers, mat and towel rentals and filtered water. The SweatBox loft does not have showers but there are bathrooms to change, mat rentals and filtered water available.
Experienced, Compassionate and Knowledgable
The SweatBox is committed to offering a thoughtful menu of classes taught by experienced, competent and compassionate staff.
The SweatBox owner Laura is inspired by great leaders and community activists. The SweatBox community strives to be a place where people come to feel lifted up. Many of our students have been practicing with us since we opened our doors in 2001. The SweatBox teaching staff have a cumulative 100-plus years of teaching experience and all of our teachers are well versed in giving personal adjustments and appropriate modifications.
The “Original" Hot Yoga Expanded
Traditional Hot Yoga is the formal grouping of a 26 posture/2 breathing exercise series and is taught in 105 – 110 degree heat. Unlike some Yoga practices where you work specific parts of your body in different classes, through the 26 postures, you will work your entire body “inside out, bones to skin.” Traditional Hot Yoga is a great practice to include with other Yoga styles as well as higher impact sports like running, soccer, basketball and football.
The SweatBox Power Hour is a shorter version (60 minutes) of the Traditional Hot 90 minute class with the integration of some postures in a flow.
Hot Hybrid is a series that merges Traditional Hot and Vinyasa poses into a set flow series in 95-100 degree heat.
Our Vinyasa classes are practiced in a warm room (between 90-95 degrees) and are all taught by experienced Vinyasa teachers. Unlike some of our other styles, in Vinyasa, no class is ever the same.
The SweatBox is also proud to offer Yin Yoga at The SweatBox Loft on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays (non-heated class). Yin is a slow series of long-held postures designed to help students work into their connective tissue, healing and bringing renewed health to the fascia and joints.
Yoga Nidra, also held in The SweaBox Loft, is offered in the iRest Tradition. iRest, Integrative Restoration, is a deeply restorative, often contemplative and revelatory practice. During this guided meditation you will focus on body and breath sensing as well as welcoming all sensations just as they come. Some people use iRest to relax when life gets busy. Others use it to help heal from: serious trauma, stress, insomnia, depression, PTSD, chronic pain and chemical dependency.
No matter what you are coming for, research shows iRest meditation helps:
• Increase happiness
• Decrease stress, anxiety, and depression
• Improve sleep
• Increase energy
• Strengthen your resilience to deal with day-to-day life
Revitalize, re-energize and reorganize yourself.
The SweatBox New Student Special includes two weeks of Yoga at the SweatBox for $35.00.Learn More
Find a class that works for you and feel the benefits of building a regular yoga practice.
Visit our online portal to view the latest schedule, instructors as well as any school or holiday closures for our Capitol Hill Studio.
Give the Gift
A wonderful gift for anyone and any occasion.
Visit our online store today. For Gift Certificates, Click on Gift Certificates in the top right corner.Gift Certificates
Video: Traditional Hot Yoga
Video: Vinyasa Yoga
MEET OUR STAFF
- Owner/Director"Laura is so genuine and loving..."- A SweatBox Student Laura has been practicing yoga since 1994, the same year she completed...
- Manager, Senior Instructor"I think Frani is an amazing instructor. I feel really supported by her. Her passion and knowledge shines through."- A SweatBox...
- Instructor"I am so impressed that teachers know your name and give positive feedback."-A SweatBox Student Parvanah took her first Bikram class...
- Instructor"Reva's class is incredibly creative. I can always tell that she's thought about what she'll offer. She's not a robot. She's...
- Instructor"I love Cecilia's energy She's amazingly kind and clear and loving."- A SweatBox Student Cecilia had no exposure to yoga while...
- Instructor"Seth is awesome. He offers a strong, hard class with a lightness you don't often find in Traditional Hot Yoga teachers."-...
- Instructor"Mary's smile is completely contagious. Her class is never easy, but it's always fun because her energy is so great!"- A...
- Instructor"Frankie is a master. I love her class."- A SweatBox Student Frankie has been teaching Bikram Yoga since 2000. A former...
- InstructorJustin started practicing the traditional hot yoga series in 2010 when a friend recommended the practice to him as part of...
- InstructorKatie took her first traditional (hot) Hatha Yoga class in 2001 and was immediately hooked. She realized that the painful symptoms...
- Instructor"Yoga has deeply influenced how I live my life. This magical practice has been my constant, my friend, my rock, my...
- InstructorPeter started practicing on New Years Day in 2009 while recovering from a surgery and attending massage school. He was surprised to...