Our Mission-Improve your physical, mental and spiritual health
The SweatBox offers a supportive environment for Yogis of all practice levels. Above all else, we value health, wellness, and community. As such, our class offerings support physical, emotional and spiritual growth for all students. Our committed instructors teach with open-minds and open-hearts.
Real Hot. Real Local. Real Yoga.
The SweatBox, established in 2001, is one of the oldest Bikram Yoga studios in Seattle. We opened at a time when Yoga studios were few and far between. For the last 15-plus years, The SweatBox has offered the purest form of Bikram Yoga. We now offer 60-minute Power Hour and Vinyasa Flow classes. The SweatBox is committed to offering quality Yoga in a personal, open-hearted environment. All of our classes are open to people of all levels and abilities.
Experienced, Compassionate and Knowledgable
The SweatBox is committed to offering a thoughtful menu of classes taught by experienced, competent and compassionate staff.
The SweatBox owner Laura is inspired by great leaders and community activists. The SweatBox community strives to be a place where people come to feel lifted up. Many of our students have been practicing with us for almost fifteen years. The SweatBox teaching staff have a cumulative 100-plus years of teaching experience and all of our teachers are well versed in giving personal adjustments and appropriate modifications.
The “Original" Hot Yoga
Bikram Yoga is the formal grouping of a 26 posture/2 breathing exercise series and is taught in 105 – 110 degree heat. Unlike some Yoga practices where you work specific parts of your body in different classes, through the 26 postures, you will work your entire body “inside out, bones to skin.” Bikram Yoga is a great practice to include with other Yoga styles as well as higher impact sports like running, soccer, basketball and football.
The SweatBox Power Hour is a shorter version (60 minutes) of the Bikram 90 minute class with the integration of some postures in a flow. Our Vinyasa classes are practiced in a warm room (between 90-95 degrees) and are all taught by experienced Vinyasa teachers. Unlike the Bikram 90 and Power Hour classes, in Vinyasa, no class is always the same. The SweatBox is also proud to offer Yin Yoga on Sundays (non-heated class)!
Revitalize, re-energize and reorganize yourself.
The SweatBox New Student Special includes two weeks of Yoga at the SweatBox for $30.00.Learn More
Find a class that works for you and feel the benefits of building a regular Yoga practice.
Visit our online portal to view the latest schedule, instructors as well as any school or holiday closures for our Capitol Hill Studio.
Give the Gift
A wonderful gift for anyone and any occasion.
Visit our online store today. For Gift Certificates, Click on Gift Certificates in the top right corner.Gift Certificates
Video: Bikram Yoga
Video: Vinyasa Yoga
MEET OUR STAFF
- Owner, Senior Instructor"Laura is so genuine and loving..."- A SweatBox Student Laura has been...
- Senior Instructor"I think Frani is an amazing instructor. I feel really supported by...
- Senior Instructor"Penni's classes are amazing. She is one of the best teachers I've...
- Instructor"I am so impressed that teachers know your name and give positive...
- Instructor"When Katy sings at the end of class, it's the best Savasana...
- InstructorInspired by the student teacher relationship between Luke and Yoda in the...
- InstructorAfter years as a performer and theater artist, Alyssa found that hot...
- InstructorZahr started practicing yoga in the late 1990s, and began a daily...
- InstructorMary completed a Kripalu Yoga 200-hr yoga teacher training in West Palm...
- InstructorSeth's yoga journey began in 2007 at the suggestion of a friend...
- InstructorMeghan began practicing yoga in the early 90's while studying art in...
- "The SweatBox has great customer service, they're friendly, where everyone knows your...